Thursday, May 23, 2013

Happy Friday!!!!

I hope everyone has had a good week, I thought I would end the week with a post about some of my "Little Things" that I've recently experienced, seen or heard. 

I love clean sheets, the feeling if getting into bed with fresh, clean sheets that have been all tucked in is a good way to end any day!!! 

Greek yogurt, YUM!!! I have always loved yogurt, but during my pregnancy with Z I suddenly became turned off, like could not even get a spoon in my mouth. Thankfully that is no longer a problem since discovering Greek yogurt!!! Mix that yogurt with 2 teaspoons of granola and that's breakfast or a midday snack. And the fact that I declare those little cups of protein filled goodness all mine is an added bonus. 

Yoga!!!! Oh yoga how I have missed you!!! After taking a series of classes several years ago I fell in live with this form of exercise. I've looked for, thought about, bought videos all with the intention of starting to do yoga again. I am happy to report that I have begun using the videos I bought, and yep I still love it!!!

This last thing little thing is purely silly but for me it's my little thing, my one thing that helped me one day this week. After slowly changing over my clothes from winter to summer, I begun the dreaded task of now switching from cold weather shoes to summer shoes. Hot damn, wasn't I shocked that when I began to pull out all my flip flops (and I have lots) they all had a match!!!! Now if there had been a shoe without its mate it would have driven me crazy, but nope they all had a mate!!!  Now if Mother Nature would cooperate this upcoming weekend my toes would appreciate it.

I know these things may seem silly or trivial but like the name of this blog "The Little Things" are sometimes what help get you through the big things and many times we forget about "the little things" that may make us happy or our life easier...



4 comments:

  1. The little things matter, they are never trivial. There is also nothing better than that first flip flop day of the year. ahhhhhh - free the toes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I've spent my life savoring moments. I don't know if it's learned or genetic or both, but I think I take as many photos as I do and blog because it's my way of capturing moments. When I was teaching high school English, American Lit, I always read OUR TOWN with my students. My favorite line from this play is one that I say over and over again: "Choose an unimportant day. Choose the least important day of your life. It will be important enough." THIS is your moments. And clean sheets?! My favorite, favorite nights! Thank you for this wonderful reminder about our moments...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly, it is not flip flop weather yet. But, don't despair, it will be here soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have so many mismatched flipflops! A much needed shopping trip is in order, but first I'll be needing a pedicure ;)

    I couldn't agree more about clean sheets - one of the best feelings & smells!

    ReplyDelete